If you are familiar with the translation or marketing industry, you probably have heard about localization and its importance in the international markets. Did you know that quality parameters are essential for guaranteeing a successful localization? Today I’ll talk to you about some of them so that you can consider them when requesting professional translation services from translation agencies.
What Is Localization?
Localization is a process in which a product or content is culturally adapted to a specific market, i.e., it takes into account the target language but also the audience’s culture and customs. In this way, localization allows clients to make particular connections with companies, no matter in which country they are located. If you are interested, you can find out what you need to know about localization and transcreation in this other article.
Localization Quality Assurance (LQA)
Now, I’m sure you can imagine that localization is not a simple process, but why is LQA testing so important in these types of professional translation services? There are multiple reasons for that, however, here are the most important ones:
- Allows correcting errors, whether they are linguistic or functional.
- Guarantees that cultural elements such as time zones, numbers, names, or similar are used appropriately and that they don’t cause confusion for future clients.
- Takes into account more specialized aspects such as colors or ethnic representation, so the media isn’t too generic or impersonal.
- Helps to maintain consistency in both products and brands, so that clients get the message you want to convey regardless of the target market.
Having this into account, you can see why is essential to perform LQA testing in localization processes, however, what kind of tests can you request from translation agencies? Which ones can give a further reach to your localization project? Well, these tests are SEO translation, user interface testing, and localization quality assurance.
- SEO translation makes sure that the positioning of your networks in the search engines is effective no matter the language. The most popular SEO words in a language or culture are not necessarily the same, so a keyword translator can help you boost your website in the target markets you think of getting.
- User interface testing ensures that there are no functionality errors in your products so that your clients have a positive experience. Thanks to this type of testing, you can know the opportunity areas of your projects and ensure that they will get to the clients on time.
- Localization quality assurance services ensure to show linguistic consistency and allow the existence of harmony between the client’s culture and your services.
This quality assurance testing applied to localization gives more value to your brand due to the personal connection that your clients will feel with your products.
In Traduality Language Solutions, we offer you professional translation services and much more, as we have highly qualified experts who will help you consolidate your growth plans. Feel free to contact us if you need one of these services!