Traduality has been active in the translation industry since 2015. We do business with large companies from all around the world. Our team strongly believes we can use translation and localization to help companies protect and get closer to their customers, employees, and business partners in their native languages. We accomplish it by combining great ideas, unmatched customer service, and the latest technologies with hand-picked professional translators. That’s why our B2B services and products hold the potential to become the best in the translation industry.
Traduality is looking for a computer science engineer to join our team as Head of Development.
The Head of Development is the person in charge of technology within the organization. As our Head of Development, you will lead the technology strategy and help to scale service and product development as well as drive continued innovation to both the company’s commercial and open-source offerings.
The Head of Development is a practical engineer ready to build digital product architectures with or without third-party help, and remain the main specialist to implement it. Data security, QA management, and deployment issues would also be your responsibility.
As the head of engineering, you would also be in charge of validating the technical complexity of product ideas and suggest tech approaches to make them real.
As the company grows, your role as Head of Development will move into a more operational manager position, being then responsible for overseeing the engineering team while shaping the technology strategy of the organization.
- Negotiation skills: For leading the development department, approve new candidates to work on projects, and interacting with other departments such as tech workers, HR, Operations, C-level, etc.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills: For solving technological issues across departments, develop and launch operating process automation solutions (i.e. bug fixing, task execution, tech support, etc.).
- Leadership and mentorship skills: For being able to sell to C-levels and stockholders new strategic development ideas, and having the capabilities of inspiring your team to achieve more, while persuading them that your vision is realistic and advantageous. Also, for making good decisions when outsourcing talent.
- Self-education skills: For being able to keep up to date with the latest practices, discover technologies, and because you will be the best technical visionary in the company.
- Advanced tech skills: For creating great product architectures, MVP’s, API development and testing, corporate tech system administration, and DevOps skills.
- Strategic thinking skills: For leading and planning technology stack, choosing our development approach, workflow philosophy, plan and create project budgets, design the corporate tech strategy, etc.
- At least 2 years of experience as fullstack developer/software engineer.
- At least 3 years of personal coding experience.
- Educational background in a software engineering/development related major.
- Fluent English and Spanish (writing and speaking).
- Experience working in the translation industry is a plus.
- Experience working with SaaS and/or marketplaces is a plus.
- Experience in machine learning is a plus.
- Schedule: Full Time Position
- Location: To be discussed
- Compensation: To be discussed